As One Year Draws To an End, Another Life Begins


Everything is coming to a close. It feels like the last minute of a basketball game when the numbers pass on the screen in a blur just before the final buzzer shrieks in your ears. Except that there is no basketball game, and there is no literal timer... just me and my mind. Twenty-nine days until my house is empty. Nineteen more school days left for me until I have completed high school. Thirty-eight days until I walk the stage at graduation. And 59 days until I find myself an emotional wreck as I leave behind this home for a blazing red and orange desert that will constitute as a "new life" or "new adventure". However one wishes to perceive it. I'll exchange my castles and vineyards for dirt and cacti, but I shouldn't be so harsh, should I? I've visited Arizona many times, and although it isn't my ideal place to live, I know that it's just one stop on a longer journey. 

In the Twelve years that I lived in the Western U.S, I've never gotten to see the Grand Canyon, so I will get to do that (that's actually my number one thing to see when we move back). I will also have the freedom and time I have been needing to finally wrap up stories that have been sitting half done for months and even years. I will also finally be able to better acquaint myself with both the publishing industry, and a job ( if I get one ;). I came to Germany knowing that I wouldn't be living here the rest of my life, that one day I would return to America. That day feels so distant in the past now, merely a vague memory of my younger self. I have a whole life to look forward to. After having this experience overseas I know that I will come back one day. If I can, I will live here in Europe again. Whether it be the UK, or France, or here in Germany, I don't mind for I have seen and fallen in love with the wonders of this place. The first of many to come. 

Love, 

K.K 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things are Changing

Political Drama

A Moment of Realization