Travel to my favorite castle in Europe!

   Anyone who knows me, or might even know of me, knows that I am a castle enthusiast. Duh... Haha, well last month I travelled with one of my best friends to a fortified, beautiful piece of history that took my breath away. Chateau de Pierrefonds is a fully intact castle rebuilt in the early 18th century by a man who wished to see the medieval castle in its original state. First impression... it's HUGE. I've been to Neuschwanstein, and that is large. When one stands at the bottom of one of Pierrefond's spires though, you feel like a very small field mouse. Pierrefonds might not be as decorative on the outside as Neuschwanstein, or even on the inside (in terms of paint), but the architecture, and sheer vastness of the castle is unbelievable. There were so many passages, stairwells, and rooms that I felt lost even after an hour of being in the castle. It is gorgeous though! Not to mention the Throne Hall and Great Hall. Not everyone will share the same feelings for this place, of course, but I do love to share how giddy it makes me feel just thinking about it. Not to mention that the second day, the two of us dressed up in complete medieval attire.
    Yes, entirely dressed medieval with french people giving us odd looks every which way. We even walked through the town's small farmers market dressed up, bought our baguettes, and pastries this way. I will share a few photos, graciously taken by my friend's mother, just to give you a glimpse of the castle's beauty.

Love,

K.K







(beautiful photo credits to Mrs. Norton)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things are Changing

A Moment of Realization

Political Drama